Dupin 1820 is approaching two hundred years of history, serving the same type of work and the same passion: interior decoration.
The story begins in 1820, in Auguste Dupin’s framing and decoration shop in Geneva, at no.1 rue du Rhône. Five generations later, Albert Lüthy buys out this family home to associate it with another family business, the “Comptoir des papiers peints” (The Wallpaper Counter). Thus, Maison Dupin enjoyed a new boost, whilst respecting the family values, mixing tradition and modernity.
In the 1950s, the various crafts in the field of decoration are gradually integrated into Maison Dupin: upholsterer, quilter, carpet and floor fitter, painter and wallpaper hanger, artistic cabinet maker and, finally, interior designer.
In 1983, the Maison Dupin brings together all of its crafts under a single roof at no. 22, rue Eugène-Marziano in Geneva.
Everything changes and nothing changes. In 2016, the Maison Dupin becomes Dupin 1820, a new name which refocuses the Maison, if needs be, on its history and its heritage, at the service of the trades of architecture and interior design for almost 200 years.
The Luthy family is still responsible for Dupin 1820’s destiny. Albert’s grandchildren, Pascal and Stéphane Luthy, are at your service, surrounded by their team of enthusiastic professionals.